Happy Cinco de Mayo
Here’s something different and cute to make for just about any occasions.
I love to bake cupcakes and these are my favorite things to make.
What you’ll need:
- a batch of cupcakes, frosting
- 8 oz. Kerr jar per cupcake I found my @ Walmart $5 for 12
- plus ribbon, tags, etc. for garnish.
- Bake cupcakes as directed and allow to cool completely. I used the regular size cupcake pan. Remove cupcake liner and put directly into the jar. At this point, add some frosting and fun extra sprinkles, oreos, etc. Place another layer and spipe frsoting between the two pieces. Frost the cupcake as if it weren’t in a jar
- The Kerr 80z jar I found you can put 2 baked cupcake with 3 different piping frosting. Fill free to do what you like and have fun.
- Add lid and ring to jar. Decorate with ribbon, tags, notes if you want. Be sure to tell the person to slide the lid off the jar as opposed to just pulling it up. Otherwise half of the frosting will stick to the lid.
- If you want to mail to families place in freezer for a day or two then mail them. I like to freeze them and let the thaw as they are traveling to the unsuspecting recipients. Happy Baking 🙂
Tom Kat Studios had these FREE printable tags that I just adore and use in everything I do that relates to parties and cupcakes. So cool she mentioned me on her facebook fan. 🙂 – stroll down and you’ll see me…
Download here : 30535368-Cinco-de-Mayo-Party-Circles-Tomkat-Studio
Here’s another fun thing to make I found from Martha Stewart (CLICK HERE) for instructions via martha),
Aren’t these a cute setup. I might have to try these for ourtable escape.